Countless Craters Helicopter Tour
Feel free to contact us
Catch a glimpse of the rough but magical beauty Iceland's volcanic landscape is known for. As you soar above the moonlike Reykjanes peninsula you will get to truly appreciate its grandeur - something only possible from air. You will see countless volcanic craters, the unforgiving ocean lining the coast, the Seltún geothermal area, the Blue Lagoon, Lake Kleifarvatn and Lake Grænavatn.
Of course no tour would be complete without a landing and time to explore... on this tour we stop at Eldvörp on the Reykjanes Peninsula in the southwest of the island. It is a 10 km long crater row that contains extensive geothermal activity so you will always see steam rising from the earth. This combination of rugged coastline and rising steam will make it feel like you've landed on another planet entirely!
This tour truly shows the untamed power that has sculpted the island into its rugged beauty.
What is included
- 60-75 minutes long helicopter tour with one landing
What do I need to bring
- We recommend that you wear good shoes, warm jacket, a hat and gloves
- It does cold not get cold inside the helicopter (similar to sitting in a car) but it can get cold and windy on Icelandic mountain tops.
Good to know
- After submitting the booking we will inform you about the exact starting time for the tour.
- We will ask for additional information. If you can kindly provide us your phone number, email and approx. weight on each passenger.
- Please note that this tour is weather dependent and if the weather forecast is not looking promising at the time of your booked tour we always try to A) Try to change the time on the same day (e.g. go in the afternoon instead of the morning). B) Offer you to go on a different date (e.g. they day before or the day after). C) If we are fully booked and can not offer options A and B we always give a full refund!
- The total duration of the tour is 65-90 minutes. 40-60 minute guided helicopter flight and a 15 minute landing by a steaming crater.