Fire & Ice
Feel free to contact us
The Fire & Ice tour is one of our most unique offers. It is a combination of a few of our most popular tours and, most importantly, it includes 2 landings, one on a glacier and one on a volcano!
The adventure starts in Reykjavik Domestic Airport where we head straight to the Þórisjökull glacier for our first landing. Before reaching the glacier we overfly the highest waterfall of Iceland - Glymur. Save hours of hiking and look at it from our comfortable seat in the sky! Once we reach the glacier, you'll get the chance to take a walk on it, take memorable photos, throw a snow ball, make snow angels, or simply enjoy the view and take a deep breath of the fresh, crisp air.
We continue to Þingvellir National Park, one of the attractions on the famous Golden Circle, where the historic parliament site is located and where Iceland‘s largest natural lake is. Right there, you'll witness the continental drift of the Eurasian and the North American tectonic plates that's only fully visible from above.
The second landing of this tour is in the Hengill geothermal area, which got its name from the Hengill volcano, situated in a remote valley accessible only by a few hours hike or by a helicopter. This valley has hot springs and boiling mud pots that you can walk right up to. It is a magical place that is beautiful throughout the whole year. This landing site is also a part of our Geothermal tour and the Waterfalls and Valleys
What is included
- Guided helicopter tour which has a total time of 2-2,5 hours with 2 landings
What do I need to bring
- We recommend that you wear good shoes, warm jacket, a hat and gloves.
- It does cold not get cold inside the helicopter (similar to sitting in a car) but it can get cold and windy on Icelandic mountain tops.
Good to know
- After submitting the booking we will inform you about the exact starting time for the tour.
- We will ask for additional information. If you can kindly provide us your phone number, email and approx. weight on each passenger.
- Please note that this tour is weather dependent and if the weather forecast is not looking promising at the time of your booked tour we always try to A) Try to change the time on the same day (e.g. go in the afternoon instead of the morning). B) Offer you to go on a different date (e.g. they day before or the day after). C) If we are fully booked and can not offer options A and B we always give a full refund!
- The total duration of the tour is 100-130 minutes. 60-80 minute guided helicopter flight and a 15 minute landing on a glacier and a 15 minute landing by a remote geothermal area on an old volcano.
- Please note that during winter this tour is highly depending on weather and daylight. We are constantly monitoring the weather and we give updates in the hours before the tour. But don´t be discouraged! We operate all year long – the weather is an exciting part of the experience.
- Þórisjökull Glacier
- Glymur Waterfall
- Þingvellir National Park
- Hengill Geothermal Area