Geothermal Helicopter Tour
Feel free to contact us
When we fly over one of the most active volcanic areas in Iceland, the Hellisheiði plateau, you’ll see moss covered lava fields stretched out to the horizon, interspersed with colorful basalt mountains, steaming hot springs and the very geothermal power plants that supply Reykjavik it's renewable energy.
On this sightseeing tour, we make sure to land off the beaten track and away from the crowds to witness the regions raw energy first-hand. In the landing place of Hengill geothermal area - named after the Hengill volcano - you can witness upfront the untouched Icelandic nature. We bring you close to hot springs and boiling mud pots, and you might even see some sheep wandering around the valley in the summer. Note that this is not a regular tourist site, there are no safety ropes etc. - it is just how nature created it. Furthermore, no matter the season or time of year, this area always brings magical, colorful and beautiful views.
On our way back we make a scenic pass over Reykjavik, to give you a unique aerial view of Icelands capital.
What is included
- 50-60 min long helicopter flight with 1 landing right next to hot spring
What do I need to bring
- We recommend that you wear good shoes, warm jacket, a hat and gloves
- It does cold not get cold inside the helicopter (similar to sitting in a car) but it can get cold and windy on Icelandic mountain tops
Good to know
- After submitting the booking we will inform you about the exact starting time for the tour.
- We will ask for additional information. If you can kindly provide us your phone number, email and approx. weight on each passenger.
- Please note that this tour is weather dependent and if the weather forecast is not looking promising at the time of your booked tour we always try to A) Try to change the time on the same day (e.g. go in the afternoon instead of the morning). B) Offer you to go on a different date (e.g. they day before or the day after). C) If we are fully booked and can not offer options A and B we always give a full refund!
- The total duration of the tour is 50-60 minutes. 25-35 minute guided helicopter flight and a 15 minute landing by a remote geothermal area on an old volcano.
- Hellisheiði Plateau
- Hengill Geothermal Area
- Bláfjöll mountain range
- Reykjavik City
- Kristnitökuhraun Lava Field & Craters.