Feel free to contact us
Start your adventure from the Reykjavik Domestic Airport and head onwards toward Þórisjökull glacier. The landing on this tour is on Þórisjökull glacier, next to Langjökull glacier, and we grant you the chance to set foot on it. Enjoy the almost unrealistic view and the magical feeling of walking on top of a glacier. The glacier itself is covered in snow all year round, so you can take a deep breath of the fresh alpine air, make snow angels, or throw snowballs as far as you possibly can.
From the peak of the glacier you can see the distinctive features of the wild highlands of Iceland. We then head off to the shield volcano Skjaldbreiður and fly over its crater (sorry, it is an old volcano crater so no lava will be visible).
On our way back we overfly Þingvellir National Park, a beautiful valley where the historic parliament site is located and where Iceland‘s largest natural lake is. Right there you will gaze at one of nature‘s wonders - the continental drift of the Eurasian and the North American tectonic plates. There is no better way of seeing the mid-Atlantic ridge than from a helicopter, and for a moment you will geologically be in what we call "no mans land" since you will be between Europe and North America!
What is included
- Guided helicopter tour which has a total time about 1.5 hours with a landing on Þórisjökull Glacier
What do I need to bring
- We recommend that you wear good shoes, warm jacket, a hat and gloves
- It does cold not get cold inside the helicopter (similar to sitting in a car) but it can get cold and windy on Icelandic mountain tops
Good to know
- After submitting the booking we will inform you about the exact starting time for the tour.
- We will ask for additional information. If you can kindly provide us your phone number, email and approx. weight on each passenger.
- Please note that this tour is weather dependent and if the weather forecast is not looking promising at the time of your booked tour we always try to A) Try to change the time on the same day (e.g. go in the afternoon instead of the morning). B) Offer you to go on a different date (e.g. they day before or the day after). C) If we are fully booked and can not offer options A and B we always give a full refund!
- The total duration of the tour is 75-95 minutes. 50-70 minute guided helicopter flight and a 15 minute landing on a glacier.
- Þórisjökull Glacier
- Langjökull Glacier
- Skjaldbreiður Volcano
- Þingvellir National Park
- Reykjavik City