Glacier Walk & Kayak Combo
Feel free to contact us
Combine a kayaking tour on the Sólheimajökull glacier lagoon with a glacier walk.
Your first activity is the glacier lagoon kayaking tour. You will receive your kayaking equipment and get a tutorial from your professional guide on how to sail your stable Sit-On-Top kayak. Once ready, you will start your hour-long tour around the lagoon, paddle around the dynamic and always changing icebergs, and admire the glacier tongue from a viewpoint inaccessible to the sightseers on foot.
After you finish your kayaking tour you have a half-hour lunch break before you begin the next activity. Now, you go up on the glacier tongue where your guide will lead you through the glacier landscape with blue and white ice mixed with the dark volcanic ash from past eruptions. You will explore some of the many crevasses and ice sculptures of the glacier and learn about the geology and the history of the area.
Both tours are suitable for all skill levels and are led by professional and certified glacier guides. You will receive all the necessary safety equipment.
What is included
- Certified glacier and kayak guides
- Kayak and paddle
- Dry suit
- Glacier gear
- All technical and safety equipment
What do I need to bring
- Lunch (you cannot buy food by the glacier so please bring lunch with you, as it is a long day)
- Warm clothing
- Hiking boots (for rent on location for ISK 1000)
- Extra pair of socks
- Sunglasses and sunscreen
- Waterproof case for your phone or camera if you intend to bring it with you on the tour
Good to know
- Meeting point: Sólheimajökull parking area
- Duration: 5 hours 30 approx
- Age limit: 12 years