Half day Thorsmork Adventure
Feel free to contact us
The hidden valley of the thunder god Thor is truly a natural gem and every Icelander’s favorite place. Spend half the day exploring inland Iceland, fording rivers, hiking through narrow gorges and drinking in the tranquility of what Thorsmork has to offer. Glaciers on three sides will be looking over you, making sure you are fully energized throughout your adrenaline filled day. Absorb the energy from the glaciers and breathe in the fresh mountain air as you drive the rugged trail into the valley. You have to ford several streams and rivers, so make sure to follow the lead of your guide – the water level changes so rapidly. Throughout the day you will get a chance to stop a few times for short and easy nature hikes. The hikes are optional, but we highly recommend you do them, as they will lead you to hidden gems you would otherwise miss out on. Waterfalls rushing through holes in the cliff walls and stunning views over the valley and surrounding glaciers – these are memories you will want to bring home with you.
Our Buggies are special 2-seat all-terrain sports vehicles you strap into with a 4-point safety harness, surrounded by a roll cage. Automatic transmission makes life easier behind the wheel. All you need is a spirit for adventure, a valid driving license for the driver – and to not be afraid of dirt.
What is included
- Guided Buggy tour (2 in each Buggy)
- Helmets, gloves, balaclava and water resistant overalls
What do I need to bring
- Waterproof hiking shoes, something warm under the overall, your camera.
- Light packed lunch.
Good to know
- There will be stops made on the way for you to switch drivers
- Maximum weight per passenger/driver; 120 kg or 264 lbs. Maximum combined weight; 220 kg or 485 lbs.
- Age limit for driver: 17 years + valid driving license. Age limit for passenger: 6 years.