Heli Boat Northern Lights Tour
Feel free to contact us
Want to get the best of both worlds?
Start your day by taking to the sky. Explore the tiny houses of Reykjavík, the massive mountains and the Atlantic Ocean surrounding the city. We make a landing at a nearby summit where you can breathe in the fresh mountain air and take in the panoramic view of the city.
Relax in Reykjavík city center during the day. When it gets dark prepare to snuggle up in a warm overall on the Northern Lights viewing boat by Special Tours.
We attempt to catch the elusive Northern Lights - also known as Aurora Borealis - while sailing away from the bright city lights of Reykjavik. Be safe, happy and warm and enjoy the ride!
What is included
- Guided boat tour 2-3 hours
- City Sightseeing by helicopter 30-45 min in total duration, with 1 landing on a mountain top
- On board the boat there are WCs, WiFi, a café and souvenir shop
What do I need to bring
- Warm overalls are provided on the boat tour but we do recommend dressing in warm clothes
Good to know
- Meeting point for the boat tour is at the Special Tours base by Reykjavík's old harbor.
- After submitting the booking we will inform you about the exact starting time for the tour.
- If the weather forecast does not look promising, we always try to reschedule and if that is not possible, we give a full refund.
- Warm overalls are provided on the boat tour but we do recommend dressing in warm clothes. On board the boat there are WCs, WiFi and a café and souvenir shop. Meeting point for the boat tour is at the Special Tours base by Reykjavík's old harbor.
- Please note that helicopters only fly during the daytime. The helicopter tour is during the day and is a city sightseeing tour. The Northern lights tour is in the evening by boat.
- Transfer to and from the Reykjavík Airport is not provided. Transport to and from the Reykjavík Harbor is not provided.
- Duration: Guided boat tour 2-3 hours and City Sightseeing by helicopter 30-45 min in total duration
- Please note that the duration of the helicopter tour is both weather and helicopter dependent.