Heli - Quad Safari
Feel free to contact us
Experience Iceland in the most unique way. Start off your day with a pick up from your hotel between 9:00am and 9:30am to head out on a scenic ATV ride with Safari Quads, in the peaceful outback of Reykjavik. This ride will allow you to get up close and personal with Icelandic nature while only travelling just 15 minutes from the city center! On this adventure you’ll head to the beautiful lake Hafravatn, and up a mountain trail to the very top of Hafrafell mountain. There, you’ll get to enjoy a picturesque view of the capital city and the surrounding mountain range. These bikes are super easy to operate, and before the tour you will get all the instructions and gear you need to make this a safe and exciting day!
After the ATV ride, you will get dropped off at 11:30 at the Hotel Natura, which is located just next to our office at the domestic airport right here in Reykjavik. You’ll have a few minutes to enjoy a cup of coffee and before you take off for your helicopter flight at noon!
The helicopter ride gives you a bird’s-eye view of Reykjavik as we overfly the city. We land on a nearby mountain summit, where you get 20 minutes to explore and get the perfect photo opportunity with a view of the coastal plain, the mountains and the city beneath you. The flight is 15-20 minutes, so you’ll be back on the ground and ready for lunch in the city after this exciting and eventful day. This Heli-Quad Safari is the perfect half day adventure for you and your whole family!
What is included
- 1 hour guided quad bike tour (2 person on each bike)
- Helmets, gloves, balaclavas and overalls
- A fully guided helicopter tour
- Pick up from accommodation in Reykjavik and drop off at domestic airport. (Hotel drop off not included)
What do I need to bring
- Shoes for the outdoors, warm clothing under the overall, a camera, and something to drink.
Good to know
- Transmission is fully automatic, which makes the bikes very easy to use.
- You need a valid driving license to drive the Quad.
- Age limit at least 5 years. Legal guardians must sign for all passengers under 17 years of age.
- After submitting the booking we will inform you about the exact starting time for the tour.
- If the weather forecast does not look promising, we always try to reschedule and if that is not possible, we give a full refund.
- 3-3,5 hours (1 hour driving the Quad Bike, 15-20 minutes helicopter flight and 20 minutes helicopter mountain top landing)
- Pick up time at hotel: 9:00-9:30
- Lake Hafravatn
- Hafrafell Mountain