Husavik tour The Story of Fire Saga
Feel free to contact us
During the tour, a local guide will show you Húsavík’s best spots and some hidden gems, starting from the iconic wooden church Húsavíkurkirkja, trough the attractive town gardens of the city with the bubbling Búðara and the small wooden bridges across the stream.
Other locations visited are the area of the oldest house ever built in Iceland, in winter 870, and a panoramic viewpoint over the harbor, heart of the city, which is the core of the local community, just as it was in the past.
During the tour, our guide will tell you about the culture and folklore of the city, and you will learn about local tales and fun facts.
You have the option of continue the tour in one of the 3 town museums:
-The Whale Museum is unique in its kind in Iceland and in all Europe. Several real whale skeletons are displayed in the museum, including the impressive Blue Whale and the peculiar Narwhal.
-The Exploration Museum features peculiar exhibits on the human need of always going beyond. In particular, stories about the Apollo astronauts who trained in Iceland in the 60s before flying to the Moon and other sections include Vikings and Polar explorers.
-In Safnahús lots of more stories and facts will be told being inspired by the exhibition. On the main floor you will find the Húsavík Museum. In the basement, the beautiful Maritime Museum is accessible to take a close look at traditional fishing and sailing vessels.
What is included
- Local English-speaking guide
- Optional: admission to the museum chosen
What do I need to bring
- Your camera
- Warm clothes and shoes or boots to be outdoors
Good to know
- Departure time: 2:00 p.m. On request, tours available at different times.
- Tour duration: 1h 15 approximately (+ optional visit of a museum).
- Minimum number of participant is 2, maximum number of participant is 25.
- Distance walked during the tour is approx. 3km, on easy and mainly flat terrain.