Lava Cave & Geothermal Adventure
Feel free to contact us
On this tour, we will go to Iceland’s largest natural lava cave that is located in West Iceland. We will drive from Reykjavík through the beautiful Borgarfjörður towards Húsafell. On the way we will stop at the most powerful hot spring in Europe, Deildartunguhver and the magnificent Hraunfossar lava waterfalls.
After a break in Húsafell, we head to the stunning Víðgelmir cave (148000 m3) which is one of the largest natural lava caves in the world. There we start an adventurous and guided walk down the great, colourful and beautiful lava cave. We will learn about its history and geological uniqueness which dates all the way back to the Viking age.
Following the cave adventure, we relax at the geothermal pool at Húsafell and then we drive straight back to Reykjavík.
Our experienced guides will follow you every step of the way.
What is included
- Bus fare
- Guided tour
- 1.5 hour guided cave tour
- Safety equipment
- Admission to the geothermal pool in Húsafell
What do I need to bring
- Remember to bring warm clothing & sturdy footwear
- Gloves and hat are recommended
Good to know
- Remember to bring a swimsuit & a towel. These items can also be rented on the spot
- Guest with children under the age of 6 will have to comply with guidelines set by the cave. This includes location of party on tour and possibly turn around before last stop of the tour.
- Pick up is available at extra cost, from 1.450 ISK.
- Pick up is up to 30 minutes before departure
- Duration: 10 hours