Northern Lights Akureyri
Feel free to contact us
Northern Lights Akureyri is a hunting experience. To go into the dark, frozen winter night and observe an unbelievable display of colors, lights and texture, is like waking up in a fairy-tale, full of mystery and magic.
For the Northern Lights hunt we drive out to the countryside or up to the mountains, away from electric glow and city sounds. Where you will be able to enjoy the beautiful night sky at the best possible situation, of course depending on weather. The also called Aurora Borealis, are a natural phenomenon visible in the Northern Hemisphere. A unique display of light caused by a particle collision in the magnetic field of the polar caps.
Our goal in not only to find the right sights for best photograph but also to take our time to enjoy this fragile single moment that will never come again but you might remember for the rest of your life.
We departs daily at 21:30 during the season witch is September 1st until April 15th.
What is included
- Fully guided tour
What do I need to bring
- Warm Clothing
- Gloves and hat
Good to know
- Changes to itinerary and cancellations are notified only via email
- The lights are a natural phenomenon and beyond our control. They are visible in Iceland from September through April but visibility is subject to light activity and cloud coverage
- We cannot guarantee sightings even if the tour is operated
- In case of no sighting of the Northern Lights we offer our customers a complimentary second departure on the following evening or next operated departure. Confirmed reservation is necessary for the complimentary tour
- Due to weather or road conditions we might have to alter the itinerary, have longer journey time or cancellation
- Reservation is necessary
- Please note that we might travel in a pack with other mini buses from our company if more than one car is booked. The reason for this is that in winter time we often have bad road conditions and there is safety in numbers. This also allows for smoother operation on our hot coco and donuts service and assistance with photography.
- Dark Icelandic Winter Night
- Northern Lights Hunting
- Star Bright Sky