Reykjavik Christmas Walk & Golden Circle
Tour name: Reykjavik Christmas Walk & Gullfoss, Geysir and Þingvellir
Age limit: For everyone
Duration: 9 hours
Physical rating: Easy
Pick up: Available from Reykjavík
Departure time: 09:00 from Elding sales office
Join us for a wonderful and hands-on-experience Reykjavík tour followed up by the wonderful Golden Circle.
This Reykjavík tour will give you a unique insight into Iceland´s December festive traditions, old and new. Wandering through the beautifully decorated city set against the darkness of the day with some stops along the way will get you into the right Christmas mood.
Twinkling Christmas lights, hidden pearls in downtown Reykjavík, little tastes here and there where culinary secrets will be revealed along with some quaint traditions. At the end of the tour everyone will receive a little Christmas present, a souvenir from Iceland to bring back home. The tour ends at one of Reykjaviks oldest houses where you will be picked up to join our afternoon Golden Circle tour. In one afternoon you visit the historical and geological wonder Þingvellir National Park, the world-famous Geysir geothermal area with spouting springs and the nearby Gullfoss waterfall, queen of Icelandic waterfalls.
Get in a pre-Christmas mood inside and outside the city landmarks!
- Bus fare.
- Guided tour by foot and bus.
- Restaurant stops to sample local food & drinks.
- Light refreshments.
- A little Christmas present
Good to know
- Only operated on WED, FRI & SAT
- From 1 December to 23 December.
- Remember to dress warmly & wear sturdy footwear.
- Meeting point for the Reykjavík Christmas Walk is in front of Elding sales office, downtown Reykjavík harbor.
Address: Ægisgarður 5-7, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
- The walking tour part takes about 3 hours. It is important to be on time as the tour starts at 09:00.