Reykjavik Summit Helicopter Tour
Feel free to contact us
A short-and-sweet exploration of Reykjavik's vibrant cityscape and the mountains that surround the world’s northernmost capital. As we take off smoothly from the airport, you'll see how quickly the city gets smaller and smaller beneath us, with every turn of the helicopter's wings.
Further into the tour we land on a nearby summit where you'll have the chance to capture a silent panorama of the vast blue ocean that hugs the city shore and catch sight of the small islands scattered in the distance. You'll see the crumbling mountains behind you that, with their grandeur, might simply take your breath away... as well as the steaming volcanic hillsides that give this “Smokey Bay” its nickname. From the top of the mountain you'll gaze over quaint and colourful settlements that sprawl out in the distance and into the vast Arctic and beyond.
Needless to say, this sightseeing tour will leave you feeling more acquainted to Iceland and it's majestic landscape.
What is included
- 30-45 minute helicopter flight with 1 landing on a mountain top overlooking panorama of Reykjavik
What do I need to bring
- We recommend that you wear good shoes, warm jacket, a hat and gloves
- It does cold not get cold inside the helicopter (similar to sitting in a car) but it can get cold and windy on Icelandic mountain tops
Good to know
- After submitting the booking we will inform you about the exact starting time for the tour.
- We will ask for additional information. If you can kindly provide us your phone number, email and approx. weight on each passenger.
- Please note that this tour is weather dependent and if the weather forecast is not looking promising at the time of your booked tour we always try to A) Try to change the time on the same day (e.g. go in the afternoon instead of the morning). B) Offer you to go on a different date (e.g. they day before or the day after). C) If we are fully booked and can not offer options A and B we always give a full refund!
- The total duration of the tour is 40-45 minutes. 15-20 minute guided helicopter flight and a 15 minute landing on a nearby mountain.
- Reykjavik city and one of the mountain tops around it