Snorkeling Silfra & Golden Circle Combo
Feel free to contact us
Get ready for a sublime day in the heart of Iceland! We will pick you up in Reykjavík and drive the scenic route of the must-see Golden Circle. You will visit the beautiful National Park Thingvellir, the active gesery and geothermal area of Geysir, and Gullfoss, one of the most beautiful and powerful waterfalls in Iceland. All of these sights are a magnificent display of the power and beauty of nature and shouldn’t be missed by any visitor in Iceland.
At Thingvellir lake you will snorkel through Silfra, a crack in the earth that has been ripped open by the movement of the North American and Eurasian tectonic plates. Glacial water that has been filtered underground for decades fills this fissure with crystal clear water, creating an underwater world unlike anywhere else on earth. The underwater visibility is over 100 meters, making it one of the clearest bodies of water on earth. You will see all of the majestic parts of Silfra: Silfra Hall, Silfra Cathedral and Silfra Lagoon.
After a day full of action and sightseeing we will drive back to Reykjavik to close the Golden Circle and you will surely have no problem dozing off in our comfortable vans.
If you want to share the experience with your friends or family who are scuba divers, you can combine this tour with divers as well as non-water participants. Ask us!
What is included
- Free hotel pick up and return to the central Reykjavík area
- Guided snorkeling trip
- All necessary equipment
- Hot chocolate and cookies after Snorkeling in Silfra
- Entrance fee of ISK 1.000,- into Silfra
- Guided tour to Gullfoss & Geysir
What do I need to bring
- Long underwear
- Thick socks
- Suitable clothes for the weather of the day
- Contact lenses if you wear glasses
Good to know
- have read, signed, and followed directions on the Snorkeling Silfra Medical Statement
- sign our liability release form at the start of the tour
- be at minimum 150cm tall / maximum 200cm tall
- be at minimum 45kg / maximum 120kg
- be minimum 14 years of age on the year
- be comfortable in water and be able to swim
- be physically fit
- be ready to wear a sometimes tight & constricting dry suit
- be able to communicate in English or have a translator available at all times during the tour
- not be pregnant