Snow-Cat Tour Snaefellsjokull
Feel free to contact us
We start the tour from the foot of the Snæfellsjökull glacier.
At the foot of the majestic Snæfellsjökull, our snow cat will be waiting to take you to the top of Snæfellsjökull, the glacier-covered volcano on the Snæfellsnes Peninsula.
Snæfellsjökull rises 1,446 meters above sea level and is especially famous because it is here that Jules Verne established a passage leading to the center of the Earth on his well-known Journey to the Center of the Earth. The mountain is believed to have a special energy and is considered one of the seven sources of spiritual energy on Earth. Whether he believes it or not, our snow cat tour will give you the opportunity to see this spectacular glacier up close, for an unforgettable experience.
As we climb the mountain, we will make a few stops for you to enjoy the views, step on the glacier, and take some amazing photos.
Please note that this is not a glacier hike but primarily a sightseeing tour during which you will be on a small bus and snow cat.
The views from the glacier and the height we will reach will depend on the weather conditions.
Wear warm, waterproof clothing and good shoes, a hat, and gloves. as we will spend some time on a glacier, so it can get quite cold even in summer.
To get to the meeting point at the foot of the glacier, follow the F570 road, you need a 4x4 car, to Snæfellsjökull from the south side of the peninsula, near Arnarstapi and drive until you find our snowcat. The exact location changes depending on the amount of snow on the road. Make sure you are at the meeting point 10-15 minutes before the tour departure time.
If you wish, it is possible to add a transfer from our office in Grundarfjörður (3000 ISK per person).
What is included
- Snow-cat sightseeing tour on the glacier
What do I need to bring
- Warm and waterproof clothes and shoes
Good to know
- The regular tour does not include a transfer to the foot of the glacier where the snow cat is waiting.
- If you go on your own to the meeting point at the foot of the glacier, you need a 4X4 vehicle
- On location: meeting point 10-15 minutes before the tour departure time
- Pick-up from Grundarfjörður or Ólafsvík Campsite can be added as extra (3000 ISK per person).
- Due to the different weather conditions in the area, we reserve the right to cancel the trip at short notice.
- Minimum age of passengers is 6 years old