Specialty of the Season
Tour name: Specialty of the Season
Age limit: 7 Years
Duration: 1,5 - 2 hours
Physical rating: Easy
Pick up: Available from Reykjavík
This tour starts with a 1.5-2 hours riding tour in the spirit of the Vikings. Where we go depends on wind, weather and the participants’ riding experience.
When we have dismounted our horses, a traditional meal that varies with the season awaits us.
- Autumn’s Leaves (September – December) The Icelandic speciality Hangikjöt.
- Thorrablot – Back to the Viking midwinter blot (January – April) Thorrablot: traditional exotic Icelandic food. (There are modern alternatives for vegetarians).
- Pick up and drop off
- Riding for 1 1/2 - 2 hours
- Lunch at our hotel
- Helmets and rain gear/winter overalls
What to bring
- Please wear clothes according to weather and solid shoes
- We recommend hiking boots
Good to know
This tour is offered all year round.
1.5 – 2 hours of riding, including lunch.
Hotel pick-up in Reykjavik every day between 08:00 – 08:30. Return to Reykjavík ca. 13:00.
Note that pick up from hótels in Seltjarnarnes, Hafnarfjörður, Kópavogur and Mosfellsbær is at 7:45 and pick up from Hveragerði and Selfoss is at 8:45.
Please let us know if there are any dietary needs like if there are allergies or vegetarians.