The Landmannalaugar Buggy Experience
Feel free to contact us
Overload your senses on this whole day of new experiences, along the Holy Trail of Buggy touring. Immerse yourself into the coarse, surreal beauty of the southern Highlands of Iceland. Drive along seemingly endless, sinuous lava tracks with non-stop, heart-filling exposure to the natural jewels of Fjallabak Nature Reserve. Volcano explosion craters. Vicious glacial rivers. Pure, fish-filled mountain lakes. Lava fields; old and new. Hot springs, with you bathing in them. All packed into one, intense day behind the wheel.
You will meet us at Hrauneyjar Highland Center. There the Buggy tour starts with a climb through one of the hydroelectric power plant facilities, that ensure Iceland runs on pure, abundant, carbon-free power.
Our Buggies are special 2-seat all-terrain sports vehicles you strap into with a 4-point safety harness, surrounded by a roll cage. Automatic transmission makes life easier behind the wheel. All you need is a spirit for adventure, a valid driving license for the driver – and to not be afraid of dirt.
What is included
- 6-7 hrs. Guided Buggy tour (2 in each Buggy)
- Helmets, gloves, balaclavas and water resistant overalls
What do I need to bring
- Shoes for the outdoors, warm clothing under the overall, a camera, something to drink, a packed lunch, and don't forget your bathing suit and towel for the Landmannalaugar hot spring.
Good to know
- We stop on the way, so both have the opportunity to drive.
- Maximum weight per passenger/driver; 120 kg or 264 lbs. Maximum combined weight; 220 kg or 485 lbs.
- Age limit for driver: 17 years + valid driving license. Age limit for passenger: 6 years.