Waterfalls & Valleys
Feel free to contact us
The Waterfalls & Valleys tour has three main attractions - the grand Glymur waterfall, the UNESCO World Heritage Site - Þingvellir National Park (both also known from the famous Golden Circle tour), and the Hengill geothermal area where we land.
Setting off from the urban views of Reykjavik, we will catch a glimpse of Esja, the mountain just next to the city border. En route we'll see the highest waterfall in Iceland - Glymur. It is a popular hiking area but nothing beats the view you get from a helicopter! Next, the Þingvellir National Park, with its absolutely magical culture and nature. Besides being a sacred place for all Icelandic people, and an important part of the country's history - it is a once in a lifetime experience to see it from the sky. At ground level, it's hard to grasp the idea that two tectonic plates that drifted apart actually created Iceland... that's why we take flight!
This tour lands in the geothermal area of the old Hengill volcano. We land in a valley that has natural hot springs, mud pots, and is only accessible by a helicopter (or few hours hike of course!). In this remote area, you can feel the true essence of Icelandic nature - there are no safety ropes, etc. - just how Mother Earth made it.
What is included
- 70-90 minute long guided helicopter Tour and a landing at Hengill Volcano
What do I need to bring
- We recommend that you wear good shoes, warm jacket, a hat and gloves
- It does cold not get cold inside the helicopter (similar to sitting in a car) but it can get cold and windy on Icelandic mountain tops
Good to know
- After submitting the booking we will inform you about the exact starting time for the tour.
- We will ask for additional information. If you can kindly provide us your phone number, email and approx. weight on each passenger.
- Please note that this tour is weather dependent and if the weather forecast is not looking promising at the time of your booked tour we always try to A) Try to change the time on the same day (e.g. go in the afternoon instead of the morning). B) Offer you to go on a different date (e.g. they day before or the day after). C) If we are fully booked and can not offer options A and B we always give a full refund!
- The total duration of the tour is 65-85 minutes. 40-60 minute guided helicopter flight and a 15 minute landing by a remote geothermal area on an old volcano.
- Glymur Waterfall
- Þingvellir National Park
- Hengill Geothermal Area
- Hengill Volcano
- Bláfjöll Mountain Range
- Reykjavik City
- Kristnitökuhraun Lava Field & Craters