Active Volcano and Blue Lagoon
Combo hiking tour to the erupting Fagradalsfjall volcano with our expert guide and end the day relaxing in the hot springs of the iconic Blue Lagoon obtaining the entire geothermal experience in one day.
It is the largest lake on the Reykjanes volcanic peninsula, surrounded by mountains that once erupted under ice.
The active volcano in the beautiful rural area of the Reykjanes peninsula. The Reykjanes Peninsula is a true volcanic wonder that is home to unique natural phenomena: areas of open crevasses, moss-covered lava fields, geothermal fields, mountain lakes, fishing villages, and impressive coastal features.
-Fishing village of Grindavík
Grindavík is one of the main fishing ports in Iceland where everything revolves around fishing. It is the best place to get into Icelandic fishing culture and have fresh fish for lunch.
The Blue Lagoon is a geothermal spa and has been hailed as one of the modern wonders of the world.
Things to note:
- This tour requires hiking to and back from the Fagradalsfjall volcano.
- The difficulty level of the hike is medium (Distance varies but can be up to 7 km and 300 m elevation)
- Price is per passenger
- Comfort Admission in the warm waters of the Blue Lagoon at the end of the day.
What is included
- Experienced guide for the tour and hike.
- Hike to Fagradalsfjall Volcano
- Blue Lagoon Comfort Admission
- Silica mud mask
- Use of a towel
- Drink of your choice at the Blue Lagoon
- Pick up and drop off from Reykjavík
- Wi-fi on board
- Parking and admission fees.
What do I need to bring
- Warm first layer of clothing and a waterproof second layer.
- Comfortable hiking shoes.
- Water and snacks for the hike as the lunch stop is at 2 pm.
- Face mask is recommended to protect from ashes at the volcano.
- Hiking poles are recommended, this can also be rented from Bustravel Iceland
Good to know
- The duration of the tour is 10 hours.
- There is no food included on this tour but there will be a stop for lunch.
- This tour involves hiking to and back from Fagradalsfjall volcano