Geldingadalsgos Volcano Tour
Feel free to contact us
After 8 centuries, there is a volcanic eruption in the Reykjanes Peninsula. The Geldingadalsgos volcano began its eruption on March, 19th and it has been expelling magma from the deepest parts of the Earth since then. Due to the characteristics of the volcano, it is possible to approach safely and be able to admire this spectacle of nature (always following the instructions from the Icelandic Government).
This guided tour is the best way to visit Geldingadalsgos with the utmost safety. Our specialized guide will guide you up to the volcano in a small private group. The tour consists of a hike until you reach the volcano, during the hike you will cross the valleys and mountains of the South Coast of the Reykjanes peninsula and you will be able to admire the beauty of nature that is offered to us. Also, this luxury trip comes with a professional photographic session in the volcano area, so that you can enjoy the scenery with your own eyes and forget about your camera or cell phone.
The meeting point is close to the hike starting, where the guide will be waiting for you. The traveler must get there by himself. The tour does not include transportation to the meeting point, parking fees, or bus fare.
What is included
- Specialized guide
- Professional photographic session
What do I need to bring
- Wear hiking shoes, warm and waterproof clothing.
- Bring a packed lunch and water to drink
Good to know
- The fixed price 60.000 isk includes guidance from 1 to 4 adults
- Be aware that the weather can change quickly.
- Transport to the meeting point in the volcano area is responsibility of the traveler
- Minimum age of passengers is 12 years old