South Coast & Snowmobiling
Feel free to contact us
Take a thrilling snowmobile ride across the snowy icecap of Mýrdalsjökull glacier an visit two of the South Coast’s superstars Skógafoss and Seljalandsfoss waterfalls.
We start the day heading to the glacier. After gearing up at base camp, we move towards the icecap in a tricked-out glacier truck. On the route back to Reykjavík we make stops to visit to two of the South Coast’s superstars waterfalls: Skógafoss and Seljalandsfoss
The one-hour guided snowmobile tour will take us to the top of Mýrdalsjökull where we have the chance to take in some eye-popping views and unforgettable photographs. The snowmobile tour is great for those looking for a sensational way to get up close and personal with Iceland’s spectacular scenery: from the seat of a snowmobile… on top of a glacier… on top of a volcano.
We’ve got everything needed for a safe and comfortable ride, and your expert guides will go over the necessary safety procedures before passengers mount up. The snowmobiles are easy to drive and suitable for beginners.
Please present your electronic travel voucher / ticket at the time of tour departure.
Pick up and drop off
Pick up from hotels, guesthouses and designated bus stops starts 30 minutes before the tour departure time stated on your voucher.
What is included
- Pick up and drop off for hotels, guesthouses and bus stops
- Round trip transportation
- Professional tour guide
- Snowmobile ride on Mýrdalsjökull glacier
- Necessary gear for snowmobiling - helmet, balaclava face mask & insulated cover-alls
What do I need to bring
- Warm and waterproof clothing
- Hiking shoes
- Water bottle and refreshments
Good to know
- Valid driver’s license is required to operate a snowmobile
- Bring warm clothing and sturdy shoes for the journey
- Prices are based on two pers. sharing a snowmobile
- Additional charges apply for single riders.
- Riding solo on a snowmobile is an optional extra on this tour (select "Single Rider" on the booking panel and specify the number of single riders)
- Getting up close to Skógafoss waterfall
- Walking behind Seljalandsfoss waterfall and feel the mist on your face
- Riding a snowmobile on top of Mýrdalsjökull glacier