Tour name: Þórsmörk Hike
Age limit: 8 Years
Duration: 7-8 hours
Physical rating 3/5
Pick up: Available from Reykjavík
Hiking the valley of mighty Thor, the Thunder God, explores a wilderness of outstanding panoramic views whilst breathing fresh mountain air.
Surrounded by Mýrdalsjökull, Tindfjallajökull and Eyjafjallajökull, icecaps sitting atop volcanoes, this is a day to refresh the soul and greatly enhance your wellness.
We also stop off at some beautiful sceneries along the way into/out of Þórsmörk, including Gígjökull, an Eyjafjallajökull outlet glacier from where a major glacial flood grandly cascaded during the 2010 eruption.
The hike is around 8-10 km, or 3-4 hours. The path is uneven at times and the route takes you uphill and downhill.
- Professional guidance
- Good outdoor activity
- Pick-up and drop-off in Hvolsvöllur/Hella area
- Beautiful sights and scenery
What to bring
- Comfortable clothing
- Hiking shoes
- Warm clothes according to this area's weather forecast!
Good to know
- All our open day tours are also available as private day tours.
If you want to request for a change of activity levels or a private tour please contact us through email@example.com or call us at +354 855 9080 from 09:00-17:00 on weekdays
- DEPARTURE TIME 10:00 AM from the Midgard Office. Swing by a little earlier for a nice cup of coffee! – We pick you up at your accommodation in the area from 09:45- 10:15 depends on your location.
- Up on request:
- Fresh packed lunch from Midgard Base Camp
- Private tour
- Midgard Base Camp – Dufþaksbraut 14 Hvolsvöllur and nearby hotels in the Hella / Hvolsvöllur area