Þríhyrningur Hiking Tour
This tour cannot be booked on Fun Iceland website.
Located 10 kms inland from Hvolsvöllur, Þríhyrningur is a most striking mountain, with a presence all of its own. Þríhyrningur is located well away from the normal “tourist circuit” and so allows the peaceful and intriguing nature of Iceland to be deeply encountered and completely savoured.
From the Þríhyrningur summit(s), with clear visibility, superb and excellent views are gained in every compass direction. These views include Vestmannaeyjar, Þórsmörk, Tindfjöll, Hekla and the Fljótshlíð valley.
This is a short afternoon hike, total hiking time is approximately 2,5- 3 hours.
What is included
- Professional guidance
- Pick-up & drop-off in Hvolsvöllur / Hella area
- Beautiful sights and scenery
What do I need to bring
- Comfortable clothing
- Hiking shoes
- Warm clothes according to this area’s weather forecast!
Good to know
- Location: Midgard Base Camp, Dufþaksbraut 14, Hvolsvöllur (see google map) or free pick-up at nearby hotels in the Hella / Hvolsvöllur area.
- Departure: The tour departs from Midgard Base Camp. Swing by a little early for a nice cup of coffee!
- Duration: 4 hours
- Minimum age: 13 years
- Group size: There is a minimum of 4 participants for this tour. In case of fewer bookings we will give you two choices:
alternative tour or 100% refund.