Akureyri Classic Whale Watching
- Meet us at the floating pier Oddeyrarbót 2, next to the cultural centre Hof in Akureyri at least 15 min. prior to departure.
- Duration: 3 hours.
- Sighting success is 99%, however the cetacean abundance is unpredictable and varies with the food availability of our shores.
- Most common species are Humpback whales.
- If no whales or dolphins are seen on your tour we will offer you a complimentary ticket for our classic whale watching tour, valid for two years in Reykjavik and Akureyri.
Here is your chance to see the incredible Eyjafjord Humpbacks in their natural habitat. The warmth of the summer sun brings vibrant life and plentitude of food to the fjord and following it, in a feeding frenzy, come the larger-than-life Humpbacks.
Our specially trained whale watching guides are experts at spotting them and telling you all about their behaviour, any question you have, we promise you an answer. Our ship is the only high speed, specially modified, whale watching ship in Iceland. Capable of carrying 200 persons with spectacular views from our “cinema styled” viewing platforms. Its speed guarantees availability of whale watching tours from Akureyri, where ever the whales might be located in the deepest fjord in Iceland. With ample indoor and outdoor seating, bar and cafeteria, you can be sure that the ride is comfortable and pleasant even at speed.
- Excellent guidance
What to bring
- Dress warmly and don't be shy to also put on our warm overalls!