Blue Ice Hike and Climb
Feel free to contact us
This is a 4.5 hour combo tour in which you will enjoy Glacier Hiking & Ice Climbing in the Sólheimajökull glacier tongue. During the tour you will enjoy impressive panoramic views, as well as crevices, ridges and even an ice wall where you will have an introduction to ice climbing and you can experience it first hand.
You will start the tour meeting your guide at Sólheimajökull´s parking lot, where we will provide you with all the tools you will need: ice axes, crampons and safety lines.
Then we head to the glacier, you will have time to gear on with your crampons and the hike starts!
What is included
- Certified glacier guide
- An optional introduction to ice climbing
- Specialized glacier gear: including a climbing harness, glacier crampons, helmet and other climbing safety equipment
What do I need to bring
- Warm outdoor clothing
- Waterproof jacket and pants
- Head wear and gloves
- Good hiking shoes are recommended
Note: Sturdy hiking shoes, waterproof jacket and pants can be rented and paid for online.
Good to know
- Minimum age of passengers is 14 years old