Take a guided walk into the mighty Víðgelmir lava tube with the aid of our all-new access walkway, and state of the art feature lighting system. This is a trip that the whole family can enjoy.
Caves are often dark, tight and uninviting places; however this is not the case on The Cave Explorer tour!
What used to be slow traveled rugged terrain is now easy and enjoyable, thanks to our signature walkway caving just became family friendly. Leading from one great hall to the next the path is lit slightly flowing through this magical underworld.
The stunning beauty of Víðgelmir lava cave lies in the amazing colours and rock formations that used to hide in the dark. Not any more! With fixed lights at selected locations this impressive cave can now be enjoyed with all that it has to offer.
The Cave Explorer offers the very best of caving, the ease, the light and the dark!
What is included
- Professional guide.
- Helmet and Headlamp.
What do I need to bring
- Warm cloths, cloves and a hat with no brim.
- Bring a camera and your best smile.
Good to know
- Guests are required to show up 15 min before tour departure.
- Hotel pick-up not available.
- Gloves and hat are recommended.
- Guest with children under the age of 6 will have to comply with guidelines set by the cave. This includes location of party on tour and possibly turn around before last stop of the tour.