Classic Ice Cave Tour
Feel free to contact us
Come join us for an adventure that will lead you to the untouched beauty and raw nature of Langjokull, Iceland’s second largest glacier. Enjoy the opportunity of a lifetime as we journey up the white slopes and go deep inside the man-made ice tunnels leading to the blue heart of the glacier. We will ride in modified glacier vehicles specially made to explore the glacier environment and enjoy the view as we drive on top of the ice cap. Our experienced guides will lead the way and make sure that everyone is both enjoying themselves and learning the basics of glacier knowledge.
Join us for this once in a lifetime trip and explore the rare sights both on top of Langjokull glacier and inside the man-made ice tunnels. Book your Into the Glacier adventure today.
What is included
- Tour in a specially modified glacier vehicle on Langjokull glacier. Departure from Húsafell Information Center.
- Entrance and English speaking guidance in the ice cave and tunnels.
- English speaking driver/ guide/audio guidance.
- Free WiFi in glacier vehicles.
- If needed snowsuits and overshoes are provided during check-in.
- Crampons / Spikes for ice walk inside tunnels. Provided upon entering the tunnels.
What do I need to bring
- Waterproof shoes and warm socks. Because cold toes just take away all the fun!
- Base and mid layer clothing.
- Waterproof and warm coat.
- Hat & gloves.
- Sunglasses – the glacier reflects high amounts of sunlight
- Camera – for those indescribable moments. We love to see your good time in Langjokull please share! #intotheglacier
Good to know
Summer (1.June – 15.October): Please note that the tour starts from Húsafell Information Center.
- Drive yourself from Reykjavik (or another starting point) to Husafell.
- During winter, always use road 1 towards Borgarnes and road 50 and 518 to Húsafell.
- Specially modified glacier vehicles take you up to the ice tunnels and back, about 30 min. each way during summer and 75 min each way during winter.
- Guided ice tunnel tour, approximately an hour
- The total duration of the tour is around 4 hours from Húsafell
- Please note that the duration of the tour may be longer than scheduled, due to conditions on the glacier.