Fimmvorduhals Day Tour
This tour cannot be booked on Fun Iceland website.
Starting at Skógar, the Skógá river is followed (with 20+ waterfalls) and then between Eyjafjallajokull (of 2010 fame) and Myrdalsjokull (with Katla below).
We cross the 2010 volcanic area, its lavas still warm with the two new craters Magni and Móði standing proud.
Descending into beautiful Þórsmörk, here it is like standing atop the world, looking down on unimaginable, glorious creation.
Super jeeps return us from Þórsmörk, rugged driving, crossing unbridged rivers.
Distance: 24 kms; elevation 1,050m; hike 9-12hrs; total trip 11-14hrs.
What is included
- Professional guidance
- Good outdoor activity
- Pick-up & drop-off in Hvolsvöllur / Hella area
- Beautiful sights and scenery
- Evening light BBQ
What do I need to bring
- Comfortable clothing
- Hiking shoes
- Warm clothes according to this area’s weather forecast!
Good to know
- Departure/Return location: Midgard Base Camp, Dufþaksbraut 14, Hvolsvöllur (see google map) or free pick-up at nearby hotels in the Hella / Hvolsvöllur area.
- Departure time: We depart around 08:00 early morning from the Midgard Base Camp. Swing by a little earlier for a nice cup of coffee! We can also pick you up at your accommodation in the area from 7:45-8:15 (depending on your location).
- There is a minimum of 4 participants for this tour. In case of fewer bookings we will refund you 100% or suggest alternatives. Maximum size 16 people.
- Age limit: 13 Years
- Duration: 10-14 hours