Into the Blue Snorkeling
Join us to snorkel in blue waters between the tectonic plates of Europe and America in the clearest water in the world.
Silfra is located in the Thingvellir National Park, and its water runs from the Langjökull glacier located 50 kilometers away, being filtered through lava for 100-200 years! Visibility in Silfra is astonishing, reaching up to 150 meters. You will have the opportunity to relax while moving comfortably through the fissure. You'll be wearing a drysuit to keep you warm and allow you to take your exploration of Icelandic geology to the next level.
To meet us on location you need to be at the Silfra car park 15 minutes prior to your tour start. The meeting point is in the parking lot by Silfra. When driving from Reykjavík on road 36 you will first see a Visitor Centre and viewpoint for Þingvellir on your right hand side keep on going and drive further for 5-10 min on road 36 and you will see the Information Centre on your left hand, take a turn to right towards the national park area. Drive forward for 3-4 minutes until you see the parking lot on the right side and vehicles marked with Arctic Adventures logos.
What is included
- Certified PADI Dive guide/Dive master.
- All necessary snorkeling gear, including a specially made suit to keep you warm and dry in the glacier water.
What do I need to bring
- Warm undergarment clothing (fleece/wool sweater and pants)
- Warm wool socks and a change of clothing (just in case)
Good to know
- All participants are required to read the Snorkeling Handbook prior to participation in the tour. In the handbook you will find important information about medical conditions and requirements.
- It is important that you can both understand and communicate in English in order to participate in the tour.
- Wear glasses? You will be wearing a snorkeling mask while in the water and you won’t be able to wear your glasses underneath. So unless you are bringing your own prescription mask we recommend that you acquire contact lenses for your snorkeling tour