Katla Whale Watching
Iceland’s Faxaflói Bay is home to diverse marine life including dolphins, puffins, and whales, but knowing where the native sea life is likely to appear requires skill and experience. On this whale-watching tour, zoom across the waves by powerful speedboat with your guide and reach the action swiftly. Wrapped up warm against the cold, keep watch for native whales in their natural habitat and enjoy personal attention from your guide on this small-group tour—limited to 12 people.
The tour starts at Reykjavík Harbour and you sail up close to the famous Harpa - Concert Hall and the Sun Voyager. Next, you proceed to Faxaflói Bay for the search of the whales, where you will experience the amazing wildlife with many species of whales, dolphins and even seals to be found in these waters. Many of the 23 species of whales that are found around Iceland can be found in the bay. In addition, the area is home to millions of sea birds of various species, including the beautiful puffin. The puffin comes to lay their egg in many of the islands in the Faxaflói Bay and on this trip you will get close to some of the islands, one of these islands is named Lundey which means Puffin Island. Our boats are fast and offer a quick reaction so you're able to get close to the whales quickly which leads to a very special experience. The guide to client ratio (12 per guide) creates the special feeling of a small group experience. As well as answering your questions our guides will provide you with various information on the whales and other wildlife during the trip. To make the 2 hour trip as comfortable as possible, you will get a warm waterproof overall (dry suit), life jacket, googles and your own Katla Whale Watching buff/scarf.
Hop on board on this amazing nature experience, the fastest way to see whales, puffins and the city.
What is included
- Up to 2 hour of breathtaking nature experience on a 12 seat luxury Rib boat
- Full guidance (English) with various information on the whales, wildlife and the city
- A warm waterproof overall, gloves and googles
- Your own Katla Whale Watching buff/scarf
What do I need to bring
- Please dress warmly
Good to know
- Our boats are brand new state-of-the-art rib boats, the only one in Iceland equipped with suspension seats to enhance your comfort, security and level of enjoyment. The boat has powerful motors and is very stable. It's also equipped with GPS, satellite radio and other devices for safety and control.
- Each trip takes about 1 and a 1/2 hour.
Reach the whales and other sea life rapidly by powerful speedboat. Sweeping views over the coastal Iceland scenery.
Small-group tour limited to 12 people ensures a personalized experience with your guide.