Paragliding Tandem Flight
Paragliding is one of the most accessible and safest forms of free flight and you can easily do it with one of True Adventure’s experienced and internationally qualified tandem instructor pilots. It doesn’t require any special skills or prior knowledge. Just read the description, wear good shoes and warm clothes and bring your smile and positive attitude.
This tour will take you up high above the village in Vik in South Iceland and you will be able to experience free flight with a tandem instructor and admire the magnificent views below and all around you. All our pilots are APPI qualified, very experienced and great fun to be around with. The adventure begins with a ride from the meeting point to one of our nearby take-off locations in Vik. Once we get up on the hill we’ll go through all the safety instructions and checks. We will explain everything about the flight, and you can ask as many questions as you want, it’s always best to be prepared. There’s no need to have any previous experience in flying, or any sports at all. All you have to do is follow our instructions, there will be no jumping off cliffs, just run a few steps down a gentle slope when we tell you to, and you’ll be up in the air and having a great time.
What is included
- All flying equipment
- Pickup from meeting point
- Safety instructions
What do I need to bring
- Good sturdy shoes (hiking boots or other closed shoes with ankle support)
- Warm clothes - it is colder up in the air
- Gloves and a thin hat to fit under your helmet
- An open mind and a desire to be amazed
Good to know
- Meeting point: True Adventure Paragliding, Suðurvíkurvegur 5, Vík í Mýrdal, South Iceland
- Availability: May to September
- Duration: 10-15 mins on average for the flight, but allow about 1-2 hrs for the whole tour
- Weather: Sometimes we need to change departure times slightly due to the weather. Please check your email before your flight and leave us a phone number we can call or text you on in case we have to contact you with changes in schedule.
- If you are booking close to the time you want to fly, please contact us first, so we can check the weather conditions and let you know when it will be the best time for your flight.
- Videos & Photos: We want you to have a lasting memory of your tandem paragliding flight so you can add the inflight video & photo package when you book your flight (just select under “Extras”) You can also bring your camera but at your own risk.
- Safety is our top priority and we will only fly if the conditions are suitable. If conditions are anything less than perfect before take-off, we can wait for them to improve or walk away and try again another time.
- A full refund will be offered for any flight cancellations due to weather conditions or any other safety considerations.
- An Introductory Paragliding Tandem Flight is always at your own risk.