Reykjavik Sea Angling
Feel free to contact us
Breathing in the fresh air, being out in the open ocean and catching your first fish of the day is an experience not soon forgotten! This tour is a must do for first timers and experienced fishermen alike.
On this small group tour set on our charming boat SAGA, a 40 feet traditional Icelandic fishing boat built from oak in the year 1970, we will take you to the best fishing grounds the bay offers. Our captain has over four decades of experience and will teach you the best techniques while sharing his personal insights. To ensure that everyone has the best experience possible, our maximum number of passengers for this tour is 14.
On board you'll get the all the necessary fishing equipment as well as protective clothing. In the summer months (May-August) we make a stop at the 'Puffin island' and have a look at the amazing birdlife of the bay. As an added bonus, the crew will barbecue your catch on board, complimented with some potatoes and homemade sauce, and if you catch a lot, you may even keep the rest!
The most commonly caught fish in the area is Catfish, Cod, Haddock, Mackerel and Pollack.
What is included
- Experienced crew
- Excellent guiding
- Fishing equipment
- Protective clothing
- Keep what you catch
- Lunch of your catch on board
- Puffin watching (May-August)
What do I need to bring
- Sturdy footwear
- Clothing that can get dirty
Good to know
- Please be aware that the weather and sea conditions vary and therefore the tour may get cancelled on short notice.
- Hotel pick up is available within the Reykjavík area and starts 1 hr. prior to departure. You can also meet us at Vesturbugt harbour, next to VIKIN Maritime Museum.
- The most commonly caught fish is catfish, cod, haddock, mackerel and pollack and of course what you catch, you can keep. Even though our success rate is very high, the tours are run in wild nature and therefore we can never guarantee a catch on a particular tour.
- We recommend wearing clothing that can get dirty, good sturdy shoes and other appropriate clothing.