Feel free to contact us
This trip begins with a highlight: after a short ride on countryside tracks, we will arrive at the amazing waterfall "Reykjafoss". You will soon understand why Icelanders describe it as "the steaming falls"! Later on, you will be having fun crossing quite a few rivers on your trusted companion, the Icelandic horse. In the amazing natural paradise of the river delta Héraðsvötn you might, depending on the season, be able to watch birds hatching or pick a handful of crowberries whilst taking a short break. The terrain offers the best possibilities to fully experience the gaits of the Icelandic horse, especially the famous tölt.
What is included
- We provide a riding helmet (mandatory) and waterproofs (if needed).
What do I need to bring
- Temperatures in the summer can range from freezing to 20° C, so be prepared for all kinds of weather. We recommend a sweater and a windproof jacket as well as gloves. Wear comfortable pants and strong shoes (hiking boots are fine).
- Please note that we require you to wear a helmet when riding with us, so if you'd like to wear a woolen hat or head band, make sure it's a thin one and fits comfortably under a helmet.
- We strongly recommend that you have your own personal insurance when joining a riding tour in Iceland.
Good to know
- Please meet us at our office 15 minutes before the agreed time of departure.
- In case you bring your own riding clothes and boots, they must be disinfected before you arrive. It is prohibited by Icelandic law to bring used riding gear including saddles, bridles, etc. into the country, as well as used leather riding boots, other leather riding wear or riding gloves. Riding clothes, rubber riding boots and any other gear should be machine-washed (min. 40°) or dry-cleaned (chemically cleaned), and disinfected with VirkonS®.
- We reserve the right to alter any itinerary in the guests' best interest and for reasons of safety. This will not reduce the quality of our tours!
- Age limit: 8 Years