Skaftafell Glacier Adventure
Feel free to contact us
In this different tour we will explore the less crowded areas of the glacier, where short tours do not arrive, an adventure that you cannot miss if you like exploration!
Our licensed guides are local experts with a passion for glaciers, nature, and the environment in which they work. That passion and personal treatment with our clients are an added value to our tours.
Our meeting point is at Skaftafell Terminal Tour Center, where we will equip you with everything you need to walk on the ice. In our modified 4x4 we will go to the foot of the glacier, during the journey you will enjoy spectacular views of the area.
As we begin to hike up the glacier, we will quickly pass the route that most short tours take, and enter the less crowded part. We will approach the ice waterfall and then the real adventure will begin. With no set routes, your experienced guide will lead you safely through crystal clear streams, pools of azure water, and majestic ice formations.
When we are at the top of the icefall, we will take a short break for lunch with the most impressive view possible. Don't forget to pack a light lunch. After regaining some energy, we will start to go down again.
During the tour our guide will explain to you about the formation of the glaciers and you will have time to ask questions and comment on issues related to the area and Iceland, and of course take amazing photos!
What is included
- 4×4 transport to and from the glacier.
- An English speaking, certified glacier guide.
- Glacier gear (crampons, harness, helmet and an ice axe)
What do I need to bring
- Hiking boots (Preferably with ankle support, can be rented on location for 1.000 ISK)
- Clothing according to weather
- Sun glasses
- Small backpack with snacks/drinks
Good to know
- Minimum age of passengers is 10 years old
- Duration of the tour 4h30
- Small group experience (max 8 persons)