South Coast and ATV
Tour name: South Coast and ATV
Duration: 9 hours
Physical rating: Easy
Departures: Daily all year round
The South Coast & Quad Bike is full day tour from Reykjavik. In this tour we will take you to the Solheimasandur, near Myrdalsjokull Glacier. It is only about 2 hours drive from Reykjavik, and on the way to the glacier we will visit the magnificent waterfalls of Seljalandsfoss and Skógafoss. The Quad Bike tour is the perfect length of time for first-time riders and individuals looking for a scenic, fun ride, exploring and experiencing the wilderness, black sand deserts and the breathtaking views over South Iceland.
The tour starts with a briefing and safety instructions at the ARCANUM base nearby Mýrdalsjökull glacier in South Iceland. From the base we head down to the black lava sands, crossing small rivers on the way. The black lava sand derives from previous glacial outbursts of the dormant volcano Katla. Down at the black beach we stop and enjoy the amazing view up to the Mýrdalsjökull glacier and along the coast to the southernmost part of Iceland, the small peninsula Dyrhólaey. On we go along the coast to the famous aircraft wreck, from there we continue to the river Jökulsá and up to the foot of the mountain. On the return ride we follow the mountain back to the base. This tour gives you the opportunity to get in touch with the raw black lava sand landscape by the south coast, an unforgettable experience of conflicting landscapes where the nature envelopes the traveller in its warm embrace.
A valid driver’s licence is required to drive a quad bike.
The passengers on this tour will travel with our regular South Coast Tour. If a part of your family or group does not want to join the tour it is no problem to divide the group between activities.
- Fully guided tour
- Quad Bike, Helmet, Coveralls, Gloves and other safety equipment needed
What to bring?
- Warm and waterproof clothing
- Hiking shoes
- Water bottle and refreshments
Good to know
- During the tour we break for refreshments at a local restaurant or café
- Due to weather and/or road conditions we might have to alter the itinerary, have longer journey time or cancellation of the tour
- Reservation is necessary
- Free hotel pick up
- The pickup starts at 08:30. It might take up to 30 minutes, but be ready from 08:30 to 09:00
- Seljalandsfoss and Skogafoss Waterfalls
- Two hour Quad Bike ride on Solheimasandur with all safety equipment needed included.