The Elfin Tour
Feel free to contact us
Elves are important creatures in Iceland. They get to decide where roads can go and houses can be built. On this tour we see some places populated by these special creatures, the “hidden people”, but as they are hidden we will not actually meet them! We pass the small cleft Alfakví and the old sheep’s house that cannot be removed without serious consequences. Some elves are musical; Skjólklettur is the place of the elves’ church, where singing has been heard. On our way to the elfin hill, Einbui, populated by friendly and sometimes singing elves, we also experience excellent riding trails for trying the special, smooth gait of the Icelandic horse, “tölt”.
What is included
- Pick up and drop off
- Riding for 1 1/2 - 2 hours
- Lunch at our hotel
- Helmets and rain gear/winter overalls
What do I need to bring
- Please wear clothes according to weather and solid shoes
- We reccommend hiking boots
Good to know
- This tour is offered all year round.
- Age limit: 7 Years
- 1.5 – 2 hours riding and a light lunch at Hotel Eldhestar.
- Hotel pick-up in Reykjavik every day between 08:00 – 08:30. Return to Reykjavík ca. 13:00.
- Please let us know if there are any dietary needs like if there are allergies or vegetarians.
- Please note: the weight limit for riders is 120 kg