The Heritage Tour
Feel free to contact us
This tour takes us through meadows, lava fields and a small river. On our way we enjoy the nice scenery of volcanic mountains and farmland, passing several farms which give us an idea of how agriculture has developed in the last decades. Nice riding trails give a good opportunity to experience the special gait of the Icelandic horse, the “tölt”. At the end of the tour you are invited for coffee and home-baked cake.
What is included
- Pick up and drop off
- Riding for 1 1/2 - 2 hours
- Coffee and home baked cake
- Helmets and rain gear/winter overalls
What do I need to bring
- Please wear clothes according to weather and solid shoes
- We recommend hiking boots
Good to know
- This tour is offered all year round.
- Age limit: 7 Years.
- 1.5-2 hours riding, including coffee.
- Hotel pick-up in Reykjavik every day between 8:00-8:30 and at 13:00-13:20. Return to Reykjavík ca. 13:00 and 17:15.
- Please note: the weight limit for riders is 120 kg.