Whale Watching Reykjavik
Tour name: Reykjavik - Whale watching
Age limit: For everyone
Duration: 3 hours
Physical rating: Very easy
Pick up: Available from Reykjavík (price not included)
Departure from the Reykjavik old harbour
Departing from the old harbor in the heart of Reykjavik this roughly three hour tour takes you out cruising through prime whale watching areas on our first class comfort boat The Ambassador; a fast, stable and safe boat, custom built for whale watching.
Ambassador departs from Vesturbugt by Reykjavik old harbor – Just few steps from Icelandair Hotel Marina, up to three times a day, depending on the season.
This exciting wildlife tour through Faxaflói Bay offers a full Whale Watching and Wildlife experience with professional guides that help to enrich your knowledge and understanding of the whales, wildlife and surroundings. A convenient location, comfortable tour length and an excellent rate of sightings make Ambassadors Whale Watching tour the perfect day trip for travelers in Reykjavik.
On board we have a bar with light snacks and drinks, heated cabins and warm blankets in case you need them.
- First class comfort on board The Ambassador; a fast, stable and safe boat custom built for whale watching.
- Blankets and/or raincoats to use on the excursion, should you need them.
- Convenient location, comfortable tour length and an excellent rate of sightings makes this the perfect day trip for travellers in Reykjavik.
- Seasonal changes greatly affect the wildlife population of the Faxafloi bay area, which means that there is no “typical whale watching tour”. Every tour is simply a unique experience.
What to bring
- Warm clothes
- Binoculars (if you have them)