Whales & Horses Húsavík
Feel free to contact us
Experience the combination of traditional whale watching (GG1 Whale Watching) and the Icelandic horse.
Explore the countryside close to Húsavík on horseback with the ultimate riders on your side.
The riding trip begins in Saltvík, which is only four minutes by car from Húsavík harbour and can be taken either before or after your whale watching tour.
What is included
- A specialized guide
- Light refreshments (hot chocolate and an Icelandic traditional twisted donut, kleina)
- Warm overalls and raincoats if needed during the whale watching tour
What do I need to bring
- We highly recommend that passengers bring their own warm and waterproof clothes, footwear and protective bags for cameras, as it can be cold and wet out at sea.
Good to know
- Dependent on your choice of GG1 Whale Watching departure, the time for the horse riding tour will be booked on the same day automatically, according to the combo departure timetable below.
- You can choose in which order to do the activities. If you prefer whale watching first, you can e.g. take the 09:45 GG1 tour which gives horse riding at 14:00. Or 13:15 GG1 tour which gives horse riding at 10:00.
- Select your date and departure time for GG1 Whale Watching in the booking calendar.
- Not recommended for children under 10 years.
- Tailor made tours and other arrangements can be made by contacting our Ticket Center.
- DURATION: Approximately 3 hours whale watching and 2 hours horse riding.
- For your safety and comfort, we reserve the right to change schedules, even with short notice, should weather or other conditions change.