Crystal Ice Cave
In this 3.5-4 hour adventure in the area of Vatnajökull National Park you will visit a blue ice cave, ice like glass, and you will live an unforgettable experience in this wonder of nature that Iceland gives us, also you will get great photo opportunities!
Each autumn, we go for an ice cave hunt to use for adventures during the coming winter. Ice caves are formed by Mother Nature and therefore weather dependent.
During the tour we visit one ice cave and we always choose the best cave available according to safety and weather condition. This will affect both driving and walking time of the tour which can be variable, although the time in the cave is around 30 minutes. You should have in mind that the walking is always in the pure Icelandic nature on gravel and rough terrain.
What is included
- Helmet, crampons and headlamp if needed
- Guided tour with a local guide
- Super jeep tour
What do I need to bring
- Good shoes, hiking boots if you have.
- Good clothing based on weather. 3 layers on top: base layer, light sweater like fleece and water or windproof top. Light warm pants and waterproof if needed.
- Gloves and thin hat
- It is recommended that camera is brought along for the tour.
Good to know
- Minimum age of passengers is 10 years old
- We will not be the only group visiting the ice cave. Other tour companies bring guests to visit the cave which can cause it to be crowded. Please expect to share the cave with additional groups.
- Be at our meeting point 20 minutes before departure time. The meeting point is at Hali Country Hotel, 13 km east of Jökulsárlón (www.hali.is)