Horses & Hot Springs
In this popular horse ride tour, in addition to meeting the Icelandic horse, you can also experience contact with Icelandic nature and its great variety of landscapes!
We will start the tour riding on excellent riding trails along the slopes of Mt. Reykjafjall and through a green forest, above the beautiful Hveragerði village. We will pass through the geothermal area with its impressive landscapes and colorful views, we will have a beautiful view of the Varmá river, called the "warm river", as geothermal water flows through it, and green valleys with rising steam in the distance.
During the winter season, we stop to warm up with a cup of coffee, tea, or hot chocolate and learn more about the Icelandic horse before heading back to our farm.
What is included
- Pick up and drop off
- Riding for 2 1/2 - 3 hours
- Refreshments on the tour
- Helmets and rain gear/winter overalls
What do I need to bring
- Please wear clothes according to weather and solid shoes
- We recommend hiking boots
Good to know
- This tour is offered all year round.
- Age limit: 7 Years.
- Pick-up every day in Reykjavik between 08:00 – 08:30. Return to Reykjavik around 13:15.
- Please note: the weight limit for riders is 120 kg.