Langjokull Snowmobile tour from Gullfoss
Feel free to contact us
We offer snowmobile tours for individuals and groups from our base camps at the east side of Langjökull glacier. This is a great choice for those who have their own transportation and want to top off the Golden Circle with something extra special. Our professional guides will take you on a snowmobile adventure in the Icelandic highlands, giving you the most amazing views of the majestic glacier and its surroundings.
We offer daily departures from Gullfoss Café where you can park your car and grab some lunch. Our monster truck will then take you up to Langjökull glacier. Driving through Iceland, a relatively new land compared to most of the world’s terrain is quite an adventure. Looking out the window, at the sparsely settled countryside with a few signs of commercial exploits is a rare sight for many visitors.
Once you arrive at our base camp, you will receive the appropriate equipment, such as helmets, overalls, overshoes, gloves and a hat. Our friendly and fun-loving guides will give you instructions on how to operate the snowmobile and go over the safety procedures before you ride off into the winter wonderland.
Our snowmobiles are double-riders and children are welcome to ride as passengers as long as they have reached the age of six.
What is included
- 1 hour snowmobile tour
- Overalls, gloves, helmet, hat and overshoes
- Pick-up from Gullfoss Cafe
- Drop-off at Gullfoss Cafe
What do I need to bring
- We recommend that you bring warm & windproof clothing in addition to good, waterproof hiking boots and a camera.
Good to know
- Valid drivers license is required
- Timings may be delayed or canceled due to weather and road conditions.
- The meeting point is at Gullfoss Cafe. A direct drive from Reykjavík to there takes about 2 hours.
- 2 persons share the same snowmobile, single person per vehicle at extra cost
- Bring snacks as this is a half day tour
- Age limit is 6 years
- Only one child is permitted per adult on this tour
- Dress according to weather. In Iceland it is always smart to dress in warm, waterproof clothes, weather changes can sudden so expect the unexpected.
- Bring a waterproof jacket and pants, headwear and gloves. Good outdoor shoes are recommended.
- The ride on the monster truck is an adventure of its own, so enjoy the moods of Mountaineers!