Reykjavik Food Walk
Feel free to contact us
Join us for an authentic Icelandic foodie experience & explore the best of Reykjavik like a local! In our Reykjavik Food Walk you will learn about food in Iceland, experience our delicious local cuisine at it’s best, see the highlights of Reykjavik and visit the most excellent restaurants in Iceland.
We are a small group of proud Icelandic foodies who are passionate about sharing our incredible local cuisines with adventurous, fun and curious travellers. If you are any of the above, you have found the perfect way to explore our beautiful Reykjavik!
In our fun Reykjavik Food Tour you will walk all around down town Reykjavik with an awesome local guide for approx. 3 hours and see the city’s most interesting attractions. As we explore Reykjavik in the funnest way possible, through food, we will enjoy more than 10 amazing local cuisines that you won’t find anywhere else than in Iceland.
The restaurants we visit are a variety of casual, fine dining and cosy family run businesses. Some are well-known “must visit restaurants” in Reykjavik while other are secret local hangouts. For this tour we decided to focus on our absolute most delicious Icelandic cuisines and leave behind some less mouth-watering traditional cuisines – Like fermented shark, rams testicles and sour sheep heads! But your local guide will be more than happy to suggest to you where you can find such things.
Our Reykjavik Food Tour is safe, family friendly and the perfect local introduction to our delicious Icelandic food.
Good to know
- Duration: Approx. 3 full hours of eating ! Our 17.00 departure is 2,5 hours.
- Age limit: The Reykjavik Food Walk welcomes foodies of all ages!
- Allergies & dietary restrictions: We do of course accommodate most dietary restrictions such as gluten & lactose intolerance, vegetarians & most allergies.
- Meeting location: Harpa Music Hall (Austurbakki 2, 101 Reykjavík). We will send you a personal email with all the details for our tour when we receive your booking!
- Have a fun local guide show you all the best of our hometown, Reykjavik
- Taste our grass fed and free roaming Icelandic lamb
- Enjoy home made Icelandic ice cream from a secret family recipe
- Taste the best local cheese of the season
- Visit the famous Icelandic hot dog stand for a hot dog “with everything”
- Taste our local specialty: Authentic Icelandic fish
- … And so much more, depending on each day and season!