Riding & The Golden Circle
The tour starts at our farm Vellir. We ride for 1.5-2 hours in the charming countryside, enjoying the view of volcanic mountains and wide meadows. Excellent riding trails give a good opportunity to experience the special gait of the Icelandic horse “tölt”.
After the riding we have lunch at Hotel Eldhestar. The tour bus will then take you on a day trip to see the famous Geysir geothermal area, the “golden waterfall” Gullfoss and Thingvellir National Park. The geothermal area at Geysir boasts the spouting hot spring Strokkur, the most active geyser in Iceland. At Gullfoss you can stand next to the amazing waterfall, watching enormous quantities of water tumble violently into a deep, meandering gorge. You also spend time encountering the historical site and stunning nature at Thingvellir National Park, an area of historical and geological significance.
What is included
- 1.5-2 hours on horseback
- Light lunch at Hotel Eldhestar (soup, bread etc.)
- Bus excursion (pick up from Eldhestar at about 13.15)
What do I need to bring
- Please wear clothes according to weather and solid shoes.
- We recommend hiking boots.
Good to know
- Hotel pick-up: In Reykjavik every day between 8:00-8:30. Pick-up in Hafnarfjörður, Mosfellsbær and Kópavogur starts at 7:45.
- Return to Reykjavík: Around. 18.00.
- Age limit: 7 Years
- Please note: the weight limit for riders is 120 kg