Skaftafell Glacier Hike
Feel free to contact us
On this 3-hour family friendly tour you can explore the Falljökull glacier, located in Skaftafell and part of the Vatnajökull National Park.
Our licensed guides are local experts with a passion for glaciers, nature, and the environment in which they work. That passion and personal treatment with our clients are an added value to our tours.
Our meeting point is at Skaftafell Terminal Tour Center, where we will equip you with everything you need to walk on the ice. In our modified 4x4 we will go to the foot of the glacier, during the journey you will enjoy spectacular views of the area. When we get to the glacier, our guide will explain how to use the equipment we have provided and give you safety advice.
During the hike you will explore the beautiful crevasses, moulins and other features and formations on the glacier! Your guide will also explain how glaciers form and behave, as well as other interesting facts about the area. We will be on the ice for a minimum of 1.5 hours, enough time for you to enjoy this unique experience
What is included
- All necessary glacier equipment
- 4×4 transport to and from the glacier.
- An English speaking, certified glacier guide
What do I need to bring
- Hiking boots (Preferably with ankle support, can be rented on location for 1.000 ISK)
- Clothing according to weather
- Sun glasses
- Small backpack with snacks/drinks
Good to know
- Small group experience (max 8 persons).