Þórsmörk Super Jeep Tour
Feel free to contact us
Þórsmörk, valley of the Thunder God Thor, sits amongst three sparkling ice caps, Mýrdalsjökull, Tindfjallajökull and Eyjafjallajökull.
Sights include Gígjökull where powerful glacial floods escaped during the 2010 Eyjafjallajökull eruption. Our local guides will vividly tell you much about this eruption, including stories only locals know about.
Transport is in our specially adapted super jeeps that readily handle rough terrain and cross un-bridged rivers.
Along the way, short hikes are always an option, to truly feel the pull and tug of landscape.
This is one of our most popular day tour. Thorsmork is a unique area and our guides know it like the back of their hand.
What is included
- Professional guidance
- Super jeep
- Pick-up & drop-off in Hvolsvöllur / Hella area
- Beautiful sights and scenery
What do I need to bring
- Comfortable clothing
- Hiking shoes
- Warm clothes according to this area’s weather forecast!
Good to know
- Location: Midgard Base Camp, Dufþaksbraut 14, Hvolsvöllur (see google map) or free pick-up at nearby hotels in the Hella / Hvolsvöllur area.
- Departure: The tour departs from Midgard Base Camp. Swing by a little early for a nice cup of coffee!
We can also pick you up at your accommodation in the area.
- Duration: 6 – 8 hours
- Minimum age: 5 years
- Group size: There is a minimum of 4 participants for this tour. In case of fewer bookings we will give you two choices: alternative trip or 100% refund. Maximum size 16 people.