Tröllakrókar Winter Adventure
Feel free to contact us
This is a unique and unforgettable journey taking you across the snow-covered highlands of East Iceland in a well equipped 4×4 Super Jeep. It is a winter adventure of a lifetime.
During this tour, you will spend most of the time traveling off-road across the snowy wilderness.
When traveling in small groups, with the travel style of slow travel, the Icelandic nature can be enjoyed to the fullest.
What is included
- Fully guided tour
- Visit to Bjarnarhýði mountain hut
- Light refreshments
- All taxes and fees
What do I need to bring
- Good winter clothing
- Warm hiking shoes
- Water bottle
- Lunch (can also be arranged)
Good to know
- Due to weather and/or road conditions we might have to alter the itinerary, have longer journey time or cancellation of the tour.
- This is a wilderness tour and for that sake, the bathroom facilities are very rudimentary.
- Due to the long duration of this tour, it is not recommended for children 10 years and younger.
The tour begins on a ride towards the mountains through Breiðdalur valley.
When arriving at the mountains the true adventure begins as we ride across snow-covered mountains.
Our first stop is at a small mountain hut named Bjarnahýði which the local mountaineers visit every time they travel in the area.
From there we head to Þrándarjökull glacier and on towards the magnificent Tröllakrókar area before heading back.